Recent posts by: IGetBy

Showing Results 1 to 20 of 20 (0.011 secs)

Last Indexed: 08/23/14 16:57:14
Last Post: 08/23/14 16:56:27

Results

Topic Title Forum Author
Re: Question about right to refuse blood. (reply)
This was a concern for me and my husband after he left. He threw out his blood card but didn't want his parents to be able to step in or for something that he signed in the past to come back and bite us in the ass if something...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

01/31/13 06:48:29
A list of known facts about the WT... (An Idea) (topic)
I thought that it would be interesting to start a threat wherein people would list the things that we've come to know about the Watchtower, things that they either try to cover up or simply don't want people to know, along...
Scandals, Coverups, and JW Controversy

IGetBy

11/30/12 08:57:23
Re: Please help me. Advice needed. (reply)
I think that the best way to approach this is to simply be honest. That being said, that doesn't mean that they have to know absolutely everything. Tell them that you're in a relationship, that you have been for a little while now, and...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

11/08/12 04:45:34
Re: I'm not sure where to turn for advice .... (reply)
auth wrote:Does he have primary care as part of a legal custody arrangement. If so, she cannot take the children away without committing the crime of kidnapping. Also, IIRC, minor children do not have a legal right to decide which parent...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

11/07/12 06:59:04
Re: "Home-schooled and Pioneering" (reply)
Do you live in a large area? You say that student housing isn't possible but maybe finding a roommate would be.  As for student aid, at least it's a possibility for the summer, but in the meantime could you not forego those classes...
Coping Board

IGetBy

10/30/12 18:47:51
Re: For the atheists, skeptics, reductionists, materialists, positivists (reply)
Thanks Andria, I agree. He told me the other night that he had been doing some reading online and some things really interested him and he would like to order some books... He went on to explain his desire to learn how other religions...
Debate and Controversy

IGetBy

10/28/12 10:08:29
Re: For the atheists, skeptics, reductionists, materialists, positivists (reply)
I was never a JW but I was raised in a conservative christian family and I attended a christian school for a little while during middle school. I went to church twice a week and I prayed before meals and before going to sleep... I was,...
Debate and Controversy

IGetBy

10/28/12 09:31:16
Re: "Home-schooled and Pioneering" (reply)
I agree with DoctorJ and Cee Cee. I'm not completely familiar with the Running Start program but I did a brief search and read a little about it. I know that student aid, specifically loans, may seem intimidating but given the fact that...
Coping Board

IGetBy

10/28/12 08:33:31
Re: been away for awhile... (reply)
Welcome back! I've done this a couple of times... Picked up and moved, hoping for a fresh start. Mine were for slightly different reasons as I was never a JW, but I needed to get away from old friends and family that I felt were...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

10/19/12 10:54:54
Re: Old JW friend decided to get in touch.. (reply)
I'm sorry that it ended badly... But at least it happened before you met in person and became too invested in the relationship. That may not be much of a comfort right now, but it would probably be that much harder on you if you had...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

10/19/12 10:43:07
Re: Prayer (reply)
bbabe282 wrote:Oh! And then there are the people who pray and say god's name 25 times in a 3 minute prayer. it seems to me that they are almost trying to convince themselves that there really is a god listening. Bec in real life i've...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

10/19/12 10:38:22
Re: Jumanji like a Quiji board? (reply)
My husband and I were browsing Netflix tonight and found that they had added this to their Watch Instantly list... He mentioned that as of last year, people in his old congregation still talked about how evil this movie is and everyone...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

10/19/12 09:56:58
Re: Religion in the Presidential Election (reply)
Dis Spell wrote:I can't vote in the USA as I am a Cannuck. But I strongly believe that if a candidate is so outwardly religious as to want to impose his views on the nation (as is Romney's case if you only look at women's issues for a...
Debate and Controversy

IGetBy

10/18/12 07:41:21
Re: Ex-JW cult leader in Australia... (reply)
auth wrote:This is amazing and scary. What strikes me is how emotional his followers are...cry, cry, cry.Terrible manipulation.Oh, I know. They're constantly in tears, overcome with emotions, for seemingly any reason. One of the scary...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

09/28/12 00:44:21
Re: Ex-JW cult leader in Australia... (reply)
And as mentioned several times in the video, the fact that he already has a secluded compound does not bode well for the future of its members. Situations like this almost always end badly.
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

09/27/12 08:11:18
Ex-JW cult leader in Australia... (topic)
I just watched a video on Youtube about a man in Australia, a former JW, who claims that he is Jesus, that his wife (or girlfriend, whatever she is) his Mary Magdalene, and convinced several people that they were present at his...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

09/27/12 05:19:23
Re: Non-JW with JW ex and partially-brainwashed son (reply)
seb429 wrote:I live in Canada. Luckily, here JW kids have to accept blood transfusions in life-threatening cases until they're old enough for the courts to consider them mature enough to make the decision themselves. Unfortunately,...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

09/14/12 09:20:17
Re: What was your "eff them, I'll do what I want" event(s)? (reply)
Raine wrote:IGetBy wrote: Raine wrote: Ha! the first thing I tried to do was donate blood too. But they didn't want my blood. - because of the preventative medication I'm constantly on for asthma (well against asthma)That's...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

08/14/12 07:54:53
Re: What was your "eff them, I'll do what I want" event(s)? (reply)
Raine wrote:Ha! the first thing I tried to do was donate blood too. But they didn't want my blood. - because of the preventative medication I'm constantly on for asthma (well against asthma)That's weird. Where are you from? I've donated...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

08/14/12 06:28:30
Re: New here and seeking advice (reply)
tykesma wrote: they learn to switch into an almost stepford type personality when challenged on their beliefs from all the programming and mind control. not only will you see self esteem issues, but when they are speaking of "the...
Helping and Discussion Board for Ex-JWs

IGetBy

08/11/12 07:53:56

Madison, Wisconsin, United States:

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom:

Perth, Western Australia:

Québec, Quebec, Canada:

Directory One of the most trusted directories of sites in Internet. Trusted Directory is a high quality human edited directory of the best web resources cataloged in an intuitive and easy way to find.